From: "C. Robert Dove" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 18, 2013, 3:25:23 PM EST
To: "All County/District/State ANR Faculty/Staff & Co. UGE Addresses <[log in to unmask]> ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Tommy Waldrop ([log in to unmask])" <[log in to unmask]>, Heather Kalino Shultz <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: PENNING ASSIGNMENTS for GA JR National SWINE SHOW
Tommy, Can you please forward to FFA list
Heather, Can you please forward to 4-H list
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL!!
Attached are the pen assignments and barn diagrams for the 2013 GA JR National Swine Show. Please plan on penning your pigs in the pens your group(s) have been assigned. Please be aware of the following.
1. EVERY PEN in BOTH BARNS has been assigned. There are no extra, or spare pens available, please don’t ask.
2. Pen assignments are based on 2.2 pigs per pen. This is based on the 1781 hogs that we have been told to expect ( I received information from over 95% of the groups coming to the show).
3. Please bring dividers for your pens. There may be some cases where you have to put 3 pigs in a pen.
4. Please do not take pens that have not been assigned to you. If you feel that you need more pens, please read #1 above. If all of the pigs that I have been told are coming actually show up, we will have a very large show and will have 2 very full barns.
5. Pen assignments have been made by group (4-H or FFA). Those asking to pen together have been accommodated as much as possible and should have pens that are either in a row or across from each other. Each group received pens based on what they indicated was coming to the show.
6. Sheep Swine 1, the old barn, West barn, big barn has been designated as SS 1.
7. Sheep Swine 2, the new barn, East barn, little barn has been designated as SS 2.
8. Pen Assignments will be posted near the office of both barns. If possible they will be posted near the entry gate.
9. The swine barns will open at 7:00 A.M. Wednesday morning. Please feel free to go directly to your assigned pens and pen your pigs.
I look forward to seeing you in Perry,
C. Robert Dove
Associate Professor, Undergraduate Coordinator and Swine Extension Specialist
Department of Animal and Dairy Science
248 Rhodes Center for Animal and Dairy Science
University of Georgia
425 River Road
Athens, GA 30602