State Show reminders from Dr. Silcox:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Subject: State Livestock Show Reminders

The State Livestock show is coming up next week on Feb 20-24.  Below are a few reminders:

The rule book is located at:
A schedule of events is on page 16.

Arrival Times:
Market Hogs and Steers and Beef Heifers arrive on Wednesday.  Hogs must be in and weighed by 6:00 pm and Steers and Heifers must be in by 7:00 PM.

It is OK for Dairy Heifers to come in on Wednesday and it is OK for Ewes to come in before Saturday, BUT the inspectors will only be available to check the health papers and animals at the following times:

Wednesday  - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm

If you arrive after the inspectors leave, your animals will have to remain on the trailer, outside the gates until 8:00 am the next morning.

CHECK YOUR ENTRIES:
Please, Please, Please ...
Log in to the on-line entry site at:
http://www.georgia4h.org/public/apps/jrnatreg/
and check your entries.  Make sure that the tag and tattoo numbers listed at the on-line entry site actually match what is in the ear. If you have sent in corrections, please check to make sure that we have made those corrections.
Tip:  On the left side of the screen for your county or chapter, you can select reports and print out all of your entries in each show.  Many agents and teachers find it handy to have this list with them at the show.  If you find an error, let me know by 9:00 am on Monday and we can get it fixed in the check-in sheets.

RODEO TICKETS:
Exhibitors with only ewes were mailed rodeo ticket info to request tickets for Saturday night.

All other exhibitors (hog, dairy, steer and heifer) don't need to do anything right now.  They get their tickets at the show for THURSDAY NIGHT.  Someone from your county/chapter will pick up rodeo ticket vouchers in Perry in the Roquemore building on Thursday Feb 21  between 9-12 or 1-4. (see Schedule in rule book, page 16).  They will then take the voucher over to the ticket office and exchange it for a Thursday night ticket.  If mom or dad want to go they will need to buy a ticket.  They can purchase tickets at the ticket office when the exhibitor exchanges the voucher or they can buy tickets earlier http://www.gnfa.com.

If you want to go to the rodeo other than Thursday night, you will have to buy those tickets.

Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist
Rhodes Animal & Dairy Science
Athens, GA  30602