We had a great set of leadership events yesterday in Area V. I would like
to thank the Pelham High Ag Department for hosting the event and for
providing the refreshments.

I would also like to thank the UGA and ABAC students along with Pelham
faculty who helped judge the events. Special thanks goes to Mr. Von Peavy
for facilitating the FFA Creed event and to Mrs. Lisa Murphree for helping
in the Extemp Prep room. Kudos to our area officers who helped direct
students to and from the competition rooms.

Results are as follows:

*FFA Creed:*

1st Place: Lauren Braswell from Bainbridge Middle, Advisor Levi Dunn.

2nd Place: Olajuwon Sol from Calhoun County, Advisor David Wolfe.

These students will advance to the state finals to be held during the State
FFA Convention.

*Extemporaneous Speaking:*

1st Place: Jonathan Eley from Webster County, Advisor Josh Drew.

2nd Place: Amanda Walden from Colquitt High, Advisor Adrienne Smith

These students will advance to the state finals to be held during the State
FFA Convention.

Complete Results are attached.

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education

*"Making Education Work for All Georgians"*