Congratulations to everyone who attended and competed in the Langdale
Forestry Field Day. This was the first FFD of the season and was a good
start to the season.

The top three schools at the field day were:

*1. 694 Echols County*
*2. 611 Ware County*
*3. 604 Charlton County*
*
*
Keys should be attached (I say "should" because this is my first effort at
scanning and attaching; I hope it works!).

I would like give special thanks to everyone who helped out with the field
day. Mr. Hal Rowe, Forest Supervisor for the Langdale Company, who
supervised the entire event and has done so for nearly 20 years and all of
the Langdale employees who helped in the preparation, setting-up,
facilitating, judging, and grading of the events; Ms. Barbara Boler,
Administrative Assistant, for the million behind the scenes tasks that had
to be done in preparation for the field day; Flatwoods Forest Products;
Packaging Corporation of America (PCA); the Georgia Forestry Commission,
who were out in force and helped make things run very smoothly; Mr. John
Peek of Southwind Sporting Clays, for letting us invade his space for
awhile and being such a gracious host; and Mr. Franklin Staten of the
Langdale Company, retired, for judging and grading an event and presenting
the awards; and, of course, the Langdale Company for their continued
support of the Forest Education Program in our state's middle and high
schools. Thank you one and all!

Next field day is Thursday, March 14, at Laura S. Walker State Park south
of Waycross. Check-in at 10:00a; Events begin at 10:30a.

*Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education*
*ABAC 34 - 2802 Moore Highway*