Teachers,

As you know, the Basic Ag course standards have been revised and the proposed standards are now posted for public review and comment. There are only a few days left to review these and complete the survey. I encourage each of you to do so. Please see the email that Mr. Bridges sent previously and click the link at the bottom to see the new standards and go through the review/survey. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Subject: FW: Georgia Department of Education Career Clusters/Pathway Questionnaire for Public Review of Proposed Foundational Courses
To: [log in to unmask]

Fellow Agriculture Teachers,

The standards for the new Basic Ag Science course have been posted for public review. The AFNR industry curriculum advisory committee has provided some great direction for these standards and there were many of you that helped formulate the final version. I would like to express thanks to Dr. Lynn Barber and all of the teachers that served with him in preparing these proposed standards. I sincerely hope you can provide a favorable review of these standards.

Also, many of you have made inquiries about the Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources career cluster structure. Please contact your region office or me directly if you have any questions or concerns about the proposed structure of the pathways. I assure you that we are continuing to work on some needed improvements that with your support,  will be a much improved and valuable career cluster model for agricultural education in Georgia.

The information for the public review of the Basic Ag Science standards is listed below along with a survey link for your review. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

As always, THANK YOU for making agricultural education the best program in your school.

John (Chip) Bridges

Program Manager, Agricultural Education

Georgia Department of Education

1752 Twin Towers East

205 Jesse Hill Jr. Dr. SE

Atlanta, GA 30334

Office Phone: 404.657.8311

Fax: 770.344.4411

Cell Phone: 706-410-4605

http://www.gadoe.org

Georgia Department of Education
Career Clusters/Pathway Curriculum Revision Public Review Questionnaire

The State Board of Education approved posting the proposed Career Clusters/Pathway Foundational Courses for 30 days public review.  The public review questionnaire will be available from February 22, 2013 through March 25, 2013. A review committee will review the questionnaire results and edits will be made before the courses will be brought before the State Board of Education on April 4-5, 2013.

Please click on the link below to participate in the online questionnaire for the State Board of Education Board Rule public review process:

http://secc.sedl.org/ga_pathways/

If you plan to send this questionnaire to additional individuals or groups, please include Dwayne Hobbs, [log in to unmask] in the email list so that the Georgia Department of Education has a record of everyone receiving the questionnaire. Thank you.

Should you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this questionnaire, please contact Dwayne Hobbs, Program Manager, [log in to unmask].

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education