We had a great set of leadership events yesterday in Area V. I would like to thank the Pelham High Ag Department for hosting the event and for providing the refreshments.

I would also like to thank the UGA and ABAC students along with Pelham faculty who helped judge the events. Special thanks goes to Mr. Von Peavy for facilitating the FFA Creed event and to Mrs. Lisa Murphree for helping in the Extemp Prep room. Kudos to our area officers who helped direct students to and from the competition rooms.

Results are as follows:

FFA Creed:

1st Place: Lauren Braswell from Bainbridge Middle, Advisor Levi Dunn.

2nd Place: Olajuwon Sol from Calhoun County, Advisor David Wolfe.

These students will advance to the state finals to be held during the State FFA Convention.

Extemporaneous Speaking:

1st Place: Jonathan Eley from Webster County, Advisor Josh Drew.

2nd Place: Amanda Walden from Colquitt High, Advisor Adrienne Smith

These students will advance to the state finals to be held during the State FFA Convention.

Complete Results are attached.

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education