Congratulations to everyone who attended and competed in the Langdale Forestry Field Day. This was the first FFD of the season and was a good start to the season.

The top three schools at the field day were:

1. 694 Echols County
2. 611 Ware County
3. 604 Charlton County

Keys should be attached (I say "should" because this is my first effort at scanning and attaching; I hope it works!).

I would like give special thanks to everyone who helped out with the field day. Mr. Hal Rowe, Forest Supervisor for the Langdale Company, who supervised the entire event and has done so for nearly 20 years and all of the Langdale employees who helped in the preparation, setting-up, facilitating, judging, and grading of the events; Ms. Barbara Boler, Administrative Assistant, for the million behind the scenes tasks that had to be done in preparation for the field day; Flatwoods Forest Products; Packaging Corporation of America (PCA); the Georgia Forestry Commission, who were out in force and helped make things run very smoothly; Mr. John Peek of Southwind Sporting Clays, for letting us invade his space for awhile and being such a gracious host; and Mr. Franklin Staten of the Langdale Company, retired, for judging and grading an event and presenting the awards; and, of course, the Langdale Company for their continued support of the Forest Education Program in our state's middle and high schools. Thank you one and all!

Next field day is Thursday, March 14, at Laura S. Walker State Park south of Waycross. Check-in at 10:00a; Events begin at 10:30a.

Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education
ABAC 34 - 2802 Moore Highway