Hello Everyone,

Our paper describing the mating type locus of Tetrahymena was published yesterday by PLOS Biology. Please see http://www.plosbiology.org/article/browse/issue;jsessionid=0A0E3C04EE6D8756569E27899E2FBE87

Due to interesting Tetrahymena biology, the mating type primers sent out previously are unfortunately not that great at identifying the mating type of the cell. I will explain the problem at the FASEB meeting in July. A new and improved primer list is attached. The products no longer make a nice size ladder but do represent the mating type of the cell. Sorry for the alteration and I hope the old set of primers did not cause confusion.

Marcella