Lunch will be provided by the Athens Area Green Industry Chapter to all state Nursery Landscape contestants and their wonderful advisors.
Hotdogs will be coming hot off the grill as you complete the competition and wait for the results.  If there is any student or advisor that rather have a veggie dog let me know by Monday March 18th and we will make sure to have it ready for you.

To make sure that we have lunch for all the nursery landscape contestants we ask that advisors not to bring additional students in the area to eat lunch.

CDE Agenda
8 - 8:30 a.m. Registration & Team Photos
8:30 a.m. -8:45 a.m. Introductions and Welcome
8:45 a.m. - Division of team groups
9:00 - 11:30 - CDE Rotations
11:30 - Plant and Disorder Identification Clinic, Lunch for Contestants & Advisors
noon - Announce of Winners

Location
State Botanical Gardens, Callaway Building
The Garden is located at 2450 S. Milledge Ave in Athens Georgia 30605
It is about 1 mile south of Exit 6 off Hwy 10 loop.

The State Botanical Garden of Georgia
http://botgarden.uga.edu/visit.php#Intro

Bus and Auto Parking
as you enter the Botanical Gardens all autos and bus will take the first
road to the left park in the main parking area

What to wear
Students must wear their official FFA dress during the competition.
Team photographs will be taken before and during the competition and press
release will be provided.

Winning Teams photo and article will be highlighted in the Georgia Green
Industry magazine

What to bring
Each senior division student will need a clean clipboard, 3 sharpened
pencils, architect & engineers scale, hands lens, and a non-programmable
calculator.
(cell phones can not be used as a calculator will not be allowed in the competition area)

Each junior division student will need a clean clipboard and 3 sharpened pencils.

Disorder Identification
Disorder identification items will be live samples, mounted specimens, or
color photographs.

Plant Identification
Plant identification items will be container plants or cuttings.

Problem Solving
Five math problems related to nursery landscape industry practices.

Landscape Practicum
Ten questions related to a give landscape plan based on a Architect or Engineers scale.

Written Exam
Twenty five questions taken from agriculture education curriculum objectives and topics:

AG-NL-01.463 Nursery Landscape

Ag-GH-PS  01.461  General Horticulture and Plant Science

Questions
If you have any questions concerning the cde please contact: Teri Hamlin @
[log in to unmask] or cell 706-540-0032.