I have had  several Teachers that said they did not see my email from March 4th on The State livestock CDE so this is a copy of it for your info.
If you have questions please let me know

Teachers

This info is for the Teams that have advanced from the Area Contest(top 3 teams) and the other top 10 individuals from the area contest that have earned to privilege to compete in the State CDE.

The State Livestock CDE will be held on Saturday March 23 at the Instructional Arena in Athens on South Milledge Avenue. The Senior Team Activity will start at 8 am and the rest of the contest will start at 8:45 am. Registration will start at 7:30 am and Senior Teams need to be ready to go at 8 am. Junior will need to be registered by 8:30 am.

Seniors will judge 7 classes and give 4 sets of reasons, have a management test and the Team Activity.

Juniors will judge 6 classes and give 2 sets of reasons.

The classes that may be Judged are Breeding and Market – Cattle, Hogs, Sheep and Goats.

Complete rules are on the Ag Ed Website.

The senior management Test will come from the 8th edition of Modern Livestock and Poultry and from the following units:

Unit 1: Domestication and Importance of Livestock

Unit 4: Livestock and the Environment

Unit 7: Feed Additives and Hormone Implants

Unit 10: Animal Reproduction

Unit 13: Breeds of Beef Cattle

Unit 16: Feeding and Management of Feeder Cattle

Unit 19: Marketing Beef

Unit 22: Feeding and Management of Swine

Unit 25: Marketing Swine

Unit 28: Selection, Feeding, and Management of Goats

There will be a work out available at Partisover Ranch on Friday, March 22nd from 1 pm to 6 pm.  Several cattle classes will be available with a possibility of a Market Lamb and Market Steer Class(s).  Partisover’s address is:  348 Daniel Road, Colbert, GA  30628.

The UGA Livestock judging Teams will be selling a sack lunch for the event for $6 per person, if you want to order lunches for your Students Click here. Make your checks payable  to the UGA Livestock Judging Team

If you have questions please let me know.

--
Tommy Waldrop
Area Livestock Teacher