On Saturday, March 23, 2013, the University of Georgia will host several state FFA career development events (CDEs). We expect nearly 700 FFA members to visit the UGA campus. Each CDE will have it's own meeting site and schedule. If you have students competing in any of the following CDEs, you should be on the lookout for CDE information from the appropriate CDE Superintendent.

Lawnmower Operations CDE (Saturday - March 23)

Superintendent - Sidney Bell

Location: J. Phil Campbell Research Center (near Watkinsville)

Registration: 8:30 a.m.

CDE begins: 9:00 a.m.

Livestock Evaluation CDE (Saturday - March 23)

Superintendent - Tommy Waldrop

Location: Animal Science Arena (Milledge Ave.)

Registration: 7:30 a.m. (Senior teams); 8:00 a.m. (Junior teams)

CDE begins: 8:00 a.m. (Senior teams); 8:30 a.m. (Junior teams)

Nursery/Landscape CDE (Saturday - March 23)

Superintendent - Dr. Teri Hamlin

Location: State Botanical Gardens

Registration: 8:00 a.m.

CDE begins: 8:45 a.m.

Parliamentary Procedure CDE (Saturday - March 23)

Superintendent - Chip Bridges

Location: Animal/Dairy Science Building

Registration: 8:30 a.m.

CDE begins: 9:00 a.m.

Poultry Evaluation CDE (Saturday - March 23)

Superintendent - Christa Steinkamp

Location: Oglethorpe County Ag Center (behing Oglethorpe County HS)

Registration: 9:30 a.m.

CDE begins: 10:00 a.m.

Wildlife Management CDE (Saturday - March 23)

Superintendent - Jerry Taylor

Location: Warnell School of Forestry

Registration: 8:15 a.m.

CDE begins: 9:00 a.m.

If you have questions about the details of each CDE, please contact the respective CDE.

Additionally, for those of you arriving on Friday, or planning to spend some time in Athens on Saturday after the CDEs, I wanted to let you know that the UGA baseball team has a 3-game series against Alabama in Athens on March 22-24. The Friday game (3/22) is a 7:00 p.m. first pitch. The Saturday game (3/23) is a 4:00 p.m. first pitch. General Admission tickets are available for $5. You can find information about the UGA baseball team at http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-basebl/geo-m-basebl-body.html

It is an honor to represent your Area in state competition. If, for whatever reason, you have qualified and are not planning to attend, please let your CDE Superintendent know ASAP! I hope that you and your students will have a wonderful experience in Athens. Trave safely, and best of luck to you all.

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association

316 Poultry Science - UGA