Teachers,

The 2013 state FFA Poultry Evaluation CDE was held this past Saturday at the University of Georgia in Athens. Membership has been confirmed and the results are considered  official.

A special "Thank You" goes to the UGA Poultry Science department and their entire staff for their generous support with the CDE; as well as to the Oglethorpe County AgEd department for the use of their Ag Center. Thank you as well to Mrs. Christa Steinkamp for coordinating the CDE. Finally, a very special "Thank You" to the FFA members for doing such a fine job representing the Georgia FFA on Saturday. The official FFA dress among contestants was great, and there were several compliments on the good manners exhibited by our students. I appreciate each of you!

Senior Division

1st place team - Gilmer County

2nd place team - Banks County

3rd place team - Brantley County

1st place individual - Joshua Aaron, Gilmer County

2nd place individual - Zachary Hopper, Gilmer County

3rd place individual - Chelsea Anderson, Banks County

Junior Division

1st place team - NE Tift

2nd place team - Brantley County

3rd place team - South Effingham

1st place individual - Conner Patterson, Gladden Middle

2nd place individual - Peyton Lee, Pike County Middle

3rd place individual - Kassidy Griffin, NE Tift

A complete set of results is attached.

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association