Teachers:

A couple of things as you prepare to come to Broadhurst for the *Area
VI*Forestry CDE.

1. *Bring insect repellant* - you will need it. Mosquitos, gnats, and ticks
are plentiful.
2. There is *poison ivy* on the property. Be sure your students know what
it looks like and avoid it. If someone gets into it, have them wash
immediately.
3. I would not have any students dressed in shorts or open-toed shoes or
sandals, if I were you.
4. Please, do not arrive before 3:00p.
5. There is a practice tree marked with blue and orange flagging with
relevant information written on the flagging near the center of the front
field.
6. There is also a 100' traverse lined up on due north (or south, depending
on your orientation) with the instrument I use to set up the compass and
land measurement events near the practice tree.
7. Monitor your students while on the property. Let's leave it better than
how we found it.
8. I have found a number of concerns about rosters. Please see me *before *you
check-in so we can clear up the problems.
9. The top three Sr. teams and the top two Jr. teams will qualify for the
state Forestry CDE on May 1st in Swainsboro.
10. Individual plaques will be awarded on Thursday. Team plaques will be
awarded at the state Forestry CDE.
11. I want to take pictures of the state qualifying teams before you leave.
12. Good luck and may all your students have their best day yet!

*Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education*
*ABAC 34 - 2802 Moore Highway*