Teachers:

A couple of things as you prepare to come to Broadhurst for the Area VI Forestry CDE.

1. Bring insect repellant - you will need it. Mosquitos, gnats, and ticks are plentiful.
2. There is poison ivy on the property. Be sure your students know what it looks like and avoid it. If someone gets into it, have them wash immediately.
3. I would not have any students dressed in shorts or open-toed shoes or sandals, if I were you.
4. Please, do not arrive before 3:00p.
5. There is a practice tree marked with blue and orange flagging with relevant information written on the flagging near the center of the front field.
6. There is also a 100' traverse lined up on due north (or south, depending on your orientation) with the instrument I use to set up the compass and land measurement events near the practice tree.
7. Monitor your students while on the property. Let's leave it better than how we found it.
8. I have found a number of concerns about rosters. Please see me before you check-in so we can clear up the problems.
9. The top three Sr. teams and the top two Jr. teams will qualify for the state Forestry CDE on May 1st in Swainsboro.
10. Individual plaques will be awarded on Thursday. Team plaques will be awarded at the state Forestry CDE.
11. I want to take pictures of the state qualifying teams before you leave.
12. Good luck and may all your students have their best day yet!

Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education
ABAC 34 - 2802 Moore Highway