Thank you for all the area officer nominations that were sent in, I am
excited about the elections next week.

Below are the details your area officer candidates will need to be ready
for next week.
* All Area officer candidates must come dressed in official dress.
* We will have a *short candidate meeting at 4:45* in the front of the
auditorium.  They need to come check in with me at 4:45.
*  It would be helpful for students to arrive early to have time to talk
with the voting delegates and introduce themselves before the ceremony
starts.
* Each officer needs to prepare a campaign speech to give on stage to the
voting delegates (each school is allowed 2 voting delegates).
* Candidates will *draw numbers for speaking order* with senior
officersfirst and junior
officers second.
* Speeches can not be longer than *1 minute each*.  Students *are
not*allowed to bring or pass out election material such a pins,
candies, etc.
* Candidates will have a designed seating area at the awards ceremony.
* Results will be given at the end of the awards ceremony.  *We will elect
6 senior officers and 2 junior officers in each area.  *

The Area 4 awards ceremony will be next Tuesday, May 7th at Swainsboro City
Auditorium starting at 5:00pm

The Area 3 awards ceremony will be next Thursday, May 9th at FVSU
Auditorium in the Pettigrew Center starting at 5:00pm.

Candidates running
*Area 4 Senior Candidates - *
Julia Gonzalez - Effingham County High
Matthew Bishop - Hephzibah High
Lauren Braddy - Montgomery Co High
Mollie Cromley - Southeast Bulloch
Shelby Key - Thomson High
Madison Hutcheson - Treutlen County
Lily Kowtko - West Laurens
Amber Grimes - ECI
Kaylea Stokes - Dublin High
Ashley Smith - Screven County High
Taylor Martin - Johnson County
Taylor Bauserman - Cross Creek
Caleb Tinsley - Burke County High
Jonathon Beckett - Greenbrier

*Area 4 Junior Candidates -
*Mary Kaitlyn Wheeler - East Laurens
Joshua Ward - Hephzibah
Shelby McDowell - Southeast Bulloch

*Area 3 Senior Candidates - *
Katie Barlow - Dodge County
Delaney Foster - Perry
Kristen Holder - Veterans
Ashton Hosta - Upson Lee High
Austin Waldroup - Troup County
Ginger Orton - Schley County
Quinton Brown - Lagrange
Makia Jenkins - Pike County
Jacob Rogers - Bleckley County
Alan McKay - Manchester High
Jaclyn Troy - Dutchtown
Malcom Tyler - Piedmont Academy
Josh Lott - Harris County
Lucas Nelson - Jones County
Emily Rutledge - Ola
Cody Gordon - Hawkinsville
Leigh Shawhan - Northside
Caroline Waldrep - Mary Persons

*Area 3 Junior Candidates - *
Sydney Dyer - Crawford County
Lizzi Neal - Perry Middle
Kayla Carver - Dutchtown
Austin Whatley - Mary Persons

If you sent in an application and your student's name is not on the list,
please let me know ASAP!
Please let me know if you have other questions.  Thank you!

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education

*