From: Danny Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, May 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Subject: Forestry CDE Training
To: South Region List Serve <[log in to unmask]>

Survey results have been compiled and analyzed. Your two favorite dates for the Forestry Training Workshop are June 6th and July 16th. Those dates work well for me. If I need to add a third date, it will be July 25th.

The forestry events I will be covering that day will include: the Hand Compass Practicum, Land Measurement, Cord Volume, Board Foot Volume, Timber Stand Improvement, and Forest Management. I will just touch on Reforestation (how to prepare for the test).

I plan to show you exactly how I set up the events, go over the rules, try to clarify any questions you may have about the rules, go over the equipment you need to compete in ALL events with information on where you can purchase these items and their approximate cost, and finally, I will have a truncated forestry field day contest for you to participate in (covering just the events mentioned above) with the winner receiving a prize. One PLU will be awarded at the end of the day.

If there is anything specific you want me to cover, send a note and I will put it in the presentation.

You may register at the CTAERN website, https://www.ctaern.org/. As of this moment, the workshop for June 6th has been approved and should be posted soon. The one for July 16th will be up soon. Keep checking with the website. I will let you know as soon as I know it is posted.

Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education
ABAC 34 - 2802 Moore Highway