Well, the State Forestry CDE is now history. Bleckley County won the Sr. Division and Echols County Middle won the Jr. Division. Well done!!

There has been quite a bit of interest in having a Forestry Training Workshop for New and Inexperienced teachers. I want to hold two workshops, one in Area V and one in Area VI. I might hold four, two in June and two in July - all depends on interest.

Any teacher may attend who is interested in training a Forestry team! However, if you have been to the State Forestry CDE, this workshop may seem pretty basic. Another however - since I am new to this position and am responsible for setting up the Area Forestry CDE's and have now helped set up a State Forestry CDE, you may want to attend just to make sure we are all on the same page.

Go to the following link and let me know what you would like for me to do. You have until May 15 to let me know. I will then plan accordingly.

Forestry Training Workshop Survey

Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education