Thank you to everyone who replied to my original e-mail regarding changes to CDE rules (allowing 3 to advance to state competition). The name of everyone who replied was added to the list that was submitted on the appropriate rules change form. That form was submitted to Mr. Lastly earlier today. I hope you all will take a few moments to let your region coordinator and area teachers know how you feel about this measure. It is important that they hear from you if you want this to succeed. Thanks again.

Greg Gilman
FFA Advisor
East Jackson High
Commerce, GA

>>> Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]> 4/30/2013 9:55 PM >>>
Please see message below from Mr. Greg Gilman.

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Greg Gilman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: April 30, 2013, 6:38:06 PM EDT
To: "Christa Steinkamp" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CDE changes

Mrs. Steinkamp,

Will you please place this on the statewide list serve?

Thanks!

Greg Gilman

Fellow Ag Teachers,

I would like to propose that we change all CDEs in Georgia to allow three (3) individuals from individual CDEs (like Creed, Prep Public Speaking, etc.) or three (3) teams from team CDEs to advance to state competition from area CDEs. This is currently the standard for the Livestock and Forestry CDEs.

If you agree, you do not have to complete a form, as I will do that. I will also submit the tabulated results to Mr. Lastly for consideration at the appropriate time and place. All you have to do is reply to this e-mail and tell me you are in favor of this move. For most contests, it will not cause a significant change in the cost or time needed to conduct the state level CDE.

I feel this move will make our advancement criteria uniform across all CDEs.

Thanks for your consideration. Comments are welcome. Please reply by Wednesday May 8, 2013.

Greg Gilman
FFA Advisor
East Jackson High School
Commerce, GA