I want to take this opportunity to congratulate Berrien County High School for receiving industry certification in the areas of Agriculture Mechanics and Animal Science. I had the opportunity to be a part of the review committee that approved their certification and was extremely impressed with the quality of their instructional program. The agriculture teachers at Berrien High along with CTAE Director Mark Morgan are to be commended on a job well done. I look forward to awarding their industry certification banners at the GVATA conference this summer. I would encourage any of you who are looking for a great model for Ag Mechanics or Animal Science to visit their program. The facilities are excellent, but most importantly they are practical.

We have several other schools working towards industry certification in the South Region and I look forward to seeing them complete the process in the near future. If you have not already begun the process and are interested in doing so, please let me know or contact the area teacher for that particular technical area.

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education
2802 Moore Highway, ABAC 34
Tifton, GA 31793