I am pleased to announce our  finalists for the 2013 GYFA Farm Family
Program for Outstanding Accomplishment. These finalists will be judged
during an on-site tour in late summer. The State Farm Family winner will be
announced at the 2014 GYFA State Convention next year. The Farm Family
Award is sponsored by the Georgia Development Authority and aims to
recognize outstanding young farm families who are actively engaged in
production agriculture. In addition, Atlantic & Southern Equipment offer
the use of a Challenger tractor to the state winner.

This year's finalists are:

   - Jeff and Cindy Banks, Franklin County, Advisor Owen Thomason
   - Kylon and Jennifer Fort,Berrien County, Advisor Kane Staines
   - Scotty and Renee Turner, Appling County, Advisor Jim Galvin
   - Cory and Janie Tyre, Bacon County, Advisor Darrell Boatright

Congratulations to these award recipients and their advisors!

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education

*"Making Education Work for All Georgians"*