Teachers,

Georgia has been awarded 25 official delegate spots at the 86th National FFA Convention. The State FFA Officer team will take 8 of those spots. We received 40 applications to consider for the remaining 17 spots. The applications were all strong, and the task of selecting the 17 students to represent our state was a difficult one for the review committee. The list of students selected to represent our state is below.

· Trey Aycock  (Apalachee)

· Cassidy Byess  (Dawson County)

· Shawnee Fenton  (Pelham)

· Chris Crump (Banks County)

· Julia Gonzalez  (Effingham County)

· Jesse Graham  (Warner Robins)

· Cole Harper  (Irwin County)

· Michael Herrin  (Ware County)

· Madison Hickey  (Stephens County)

· Elizabeth Horne  (Colquitt County)

· Ashton Hosta  (Upson-Lee)

· Ginger Orton  (Schley County)

· Jordan Presley  (East Jackson)

· Jacob Proctor  (SE Bulloch)

· Savannah Roberts  (Madison County)

· Austin Waldroup  (Troup County)

· Kayla Whitehead  (Athens Christian)

Letters are being mailed to each applicant this afternoon. They should receive their notification early next week. Among the students not selected to serve after the first review, 5 students were identified as "Alternates." If, for any reason, a student listed above does not accept their invitation to serve as a delegate, students on the "Alternate" list will be contacted.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association