Teachers,

On behalf of the South Region staff, I want to thank you for taking the time to attend the area meetings last week. It is always a pleasure for us to be able to spend some time with a group of the finest ag teachers in the nation. Thanks as well for your commitment to our model of education and for the example you set before your students each day.

As a reminder, if there is anything our staff can do to assist you this year, please let us know. Whether it's a curriculum need, instructional technique, SAE questions, or CDE related, our area teachers are ready to help you in every way possible.

I am uploading the Powerpoints used for both Area meetings to our South Region portal that can be accessed at www.southregionaged.org.  Please refer to them if needed. I must confess that I have not kept many of our files updated on the region portal, but I hope to put more of our resources there in the near future.

There was a question related to the dates of the March CDEs that came up at the meeting. As clarification, the Area V events in March will be at Lee County High and the Area VI events will be at Bacon County High.

Please call or email if you ever have any questions or concerns. I always enjoy the opportunity to discuss issues important to you and Ag Education.

I hope you have a great rest of the week and a great Labor Day weekend,

Lynn Barber

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education