1.       International Coffee Hour – This Friday

International Coffee Hour at the University of Georgia is a weekly program that brings UGA students, faculty, staff, and community members together over coffee and international cuisine. Meet others and learn about cultures from all over the world.

Hosted by Recreational Sports

Friday, August 23, 2013

11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

Memorial Hall Ballroom

For more information, contact ISL at [log in to unmask] or (706) 542-5867

2.       International Student Organization Fall Leadership Summit

The Fall Leadership Summit for International Student Organizations will take place on Saturday, August 24th from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. The Summit will be held in Rooker Fireside Lounge (located in Rooker Hall at ECV).

Organizations should RSVP by 12:00 pm on Wednesday, August 21st.

All Presidents and Treasurers must attend the Leadership Summit in order to receive a budget for your student organization this year. Space is limited, so you must contact Leslie if you would like to bring additional officers. Additional space is first come, first serve. If your President or Treasurer have schedule conflicts with the Leadership Summit, please contact Leslie ([log in to unmask]) immediately.

Remember: if you do not attend the Leadership Summit, you will not have access to your budget for the 2013-2014 Academic Year. Contact Leslie with any schedule conflicts/concerns.

3. CSO – Fall Student Organization Registration Updates

From Josh Podvin

Student Leaders and Advisors:

Welcome back to Athens! I hope that you are ready for an exciting 2013-2014 academic year.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you all for your patience as we work to transition to a new registration & organization management system. I know that this transition has not been ideal for all organizations; however, once the system is fully integrated I believe it will provide a great benefit to how you are able to manage your organizations.

As with any transition there tends to be some delays and our transition to this new software system has been no different. In order to accommodate organizations wishing to reserve space, fundraise, and advertise during the 2013-2014 academic year the CSO has developed an interim update process that all student organizations will have to go through.

In order to be considered active for the 2013- 2014 academic year, organizations that were registered for 2012-2013 must send a representative from their organization to a Mandatory Information Session (dates & times listed below, as well as on the CSO website). The information sessions will cover necessary policy updates, how to update organization information, and the new registration system planned for the spring semester.  If you are interested in starting a brand new student organization, please contact the Center for Student Organizations: [log in to unmask].

***Special Note***

All organizations may now begin to make reservation requests in facilities beyond the Tate Student Center and Memorial Hall (i.e. Miller Learning Center and Academic Buildings); however, it is still expected that your organization will register by the priority deadline: September 13, 2013. Failure to register by September 13, 2013 will result in room reservation privileges being revoked.

If you have questions or concerns please email the CSO: [log in to unmask]

Registration Dates, Times, & Locations:

Date

Time

Location

August 12

3:00pm-4:00pm

MLC 150

August 13

4:00pm-5:00pm

MLC 101

August 14

5:30pm-6:30pm

MLC 101

August 15

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

August 20

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

August 21

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

August 22

10:00am-11:00am

RECEPTION HALL

August 23

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

August 26

1:00pm-2:00pm

Tate 137

August 27

1:00pm-2:00pm

Tate 137

August 29

12:00pm-1:00pm

Tate 137

September 3

3:00pm-4:00pm

Tate 137

September 4

5:00pm-6:00pm

Tate 137

September 5

5:00pm-6:00pm

Tate 137

September 9

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

September 10

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

September 11

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

September 12

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

September 13

10:00am-11:00am

Tate 137

4. CSO – Fall Activities Fair, Aug. 28

Signups for the 2013 Fall Activities Fair are open on the CSO Website! Space is limited, so be sure to sign up as soon as possible. http://stuorgs.uga.edu/fair/register.html

The 2012 Fall Activities Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, August 28, 2013 from 10:30am-3:00pm on the Tate Plaza