I hope each of you are having a great start to a new school year. I know a
few schools are yet to begin, so I hope you lucky few are enjoying these
last days of your summer. Some of you were hired after the GVATA Summer
Leadership Conference and have not had the opportunity to join GVATA. I
would like to encourage everyone to join GVATA. With your membership, you
will get $100,000 in liability coverage through NAAE. As further
encouragement, I would remind you that item 4 on your POW states "The
teacher will be actively involved in the professional teacher organization."

If you are not currently a member, please fill out the attached form and
either mail it to the address on the form, or give it to your GVATA Area
Director at the Fall Area Teachers Meeting next week.