Teachers,

It is hard to believe that it is Georgia National Fair time once again.  I hope this email will serve as a summary of the opportunities for your students to showcase their Environmental Education, Forestry and Natural Resources SAEs.  Also, there will be ways for a a chapter and students to earn some cash and hardware from these exhibits.  The GNF will once again award the Superior FFA Forestry Chapter ($500.00) and the Reserve Superior Forestry Chapter ($250.00).  These awards go to the chapters that accumulate the most points in the Forestry Department.  Points can be gained in Forestry Chapter Displays, Dendrology Notebooks, Minibooths, and the tree ID contest.

This year EACH EXHIBITOR MUST BE PREREGISTERED ON LINE AT HTTP://WWW.GEORGIANATIONALFAIR.COM/YOUTH-EDUCATIONAL-EXHIBITS/.  THIS INCLUDES TREE ID CONTESTANTS AS WELL AS ANY OF THE OTHERS MENTIONED ABOVE.  Online entries must be received by the fair by September 18, 2013.  A password will be needed to enter contestants.  You can email the fair at [log in to unmask] to obtain one or you can call 800-987-3247, ext. 555 or use the user name and password that you got last year.  The deadline for receiving passwords is September 16, 2013.  More detailed instructions about entering students in the Tree ID Contest can be found on page 15 in the gnfa FFA rules.  I will send a google document later on to recapture some of this information.

Please refer to pages 11 - 15 for the rules of each of the different areas and let me know if you have questions.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher