I hope each of you are having a great start to a new school year. I know a few schools are yet to begin, so I hope you lucky few are enjoying these last days of your summer. Some of you were hired after the GVATA Summer Leadership Conference and have not had the opportunity to join GVATA. I would like to encourage everyone to join GVATA. With your membership, you will get $100,000 in liability coverage through NAAE. As further encouragement, I would remind you that item 4 on your POW states "The teacher will be actively involved in the professional teacher organization."

If you are not currently a member, please fill out the attached form and either mail it to the address on the form, or give it to your GVATA Area Director at the Fall Area Teachers Meeting next week.