Teachers,

For much of my career I taught at an agricultural magnet school. It was great to work in an environment where agriculture was a primary emphasis. In my role now in the region office I still get to work on a campus where agriculture is of utmost importance--Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College.

Today, I was proud to be a part of a ceremony celebrating a huge milestone at ABAC. Enrollment in the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources is at an all-time high with over 1000 students studying some field of agriculture. It was also announced that the Georgia Board of Regents just named ABAC the official state agricultural college. Pretty cool. Here is a link to a video produced by ABAC's newspaper about this milestone: http://youtu.be/owlxhHHlvUY.

I share all that to say this--as you begin the year and are teaching those lessons on agriculture careers, here is a real-world example that career interest in agriculture is on the rise! Have a great rest of the week.

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.

Georgia Department of Education

2802 Moore Highway, ABAC 34

Tifton, GA 31793