For those of you who are planning to go to the National Convention, there is an opportunity to serve as a judge or room host for the national Proficiency Award process. The proficiency interview process takes place on Thursday, October 31, during the Convention. Those who serve as judges will be asked to attend the judges & finalist luncheon at 11:30 a.m. and then report to their judging room to conduct interview. Those who serve as room hosts will be asked to attend an orientation meeting either on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Then you would attend the luncheon and the interview process as well. The interview process will end by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. The entire process will take place downtown.

I realize that this commitment will take you away from your students for several hours. If you feel like you will have the necessary chaperone assistance and can pull this off, I recommend the experience.

If you are interested in serving as proficiency interview judge or room host, please email me. Please include the "top 3" categories that you'd prefer to judge.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association