---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chuck Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Subject: Electrical Apprenticeship Pathway
To: Chuck Little <[log in to unmask]>

 ** **

*From:* Chuck Little
*Sent:* Tuesday, September 03, 2013 4:00 PM
*To:* Chuck Little ([log in to unmask])

** **

To: AG Teachers, Counselors, Administrators****

** **

From:  Chuck Little, H. R. Director****

             Atlanta Electrical Contractors Assoc.****

            770-454-6400****

** **

Trust everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend Holiday and your school
year has been off to a good start.****

** **

Our 40+ member/contractors still have a great need for electrician
apprentices.  The economy appears to be on a small uptick – FINALLY.
 Also,  more ****

and more BOOMERS are retiring in our industry.  ****

** **

Our apprenticeship program (full-time paid work and part-time tuition- free
schooling) takes five years to turn out a professional electrician.  So, if
****

the economy continues to move upward and retirees keep going by the wayside
, you can see the shortage we are about to face.****

** **

If you would like for us to come out to your classroom this school year to
explain what apprenticeship is all about and to let your students know of
this****

technically oriented pathway *(where they earn money the whole time, come
out debt free, and make right at $58,000 as twenty three year-olds)* once
they get out of ****

high school -- just let us know (hit reply or give us a call) and we’ll be
happy to set a date that works for both of us.****

** **

For those of you who may not have seen our presentation, please know that
we put our program in context with ALL OPTIONS/CHOICES THEY HAVE AFTER HIGH
SCHOOL;****

We don’t just selfishly talk about our one program.****

** **

We look forward to helping you help your students with their post-secondary
opportunities…****

** **

** **

--
Katrina Jones
Executive Director

*The FFA Mission*
*To make a positive difference in the lives of students **by developing
their potential **for*
*through agricultural education.*