---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chuck Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Subject: Electrical Apprenticeship Pathway
To: Chuck Little <[log in to unmask]>

From: Chuck Little
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 4:00 PM
To: Chuck Little ([log in to unmask])

To: AG Teachers, Counselors, Administrators

From:  Chuck Little, H. R. Director

             Atlanta Electrical Contractors Assoc.

            770-454-6400

Trust everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend Holiday and your school year has been off to a good start.

Our 40+ member/contractors still have a great need for electrician apprentices.  The economy appears to be on a small uptick – FINALLY.   Also,  more

and more BOOMERS are retiring in our industry.

Our apprenticeship program (full-time paid work and part-time tuition- free schooling) takes five years to turn out a professional electrician.  So, if

the economy continues to move upward and retirees keep going by the wayside , you can see the shortage we are about to face.

If you would like for us to come out to your classroom this school year to explain what apprenticeship is all about and to let your students know of this

technically oriented pathway (where they earn money the whole time, come out debt free, and make right at $58,000 as twenty three year-olds) once they get out of

high school -- just let us know (hit reply or give us a call) and we’ll be happy to set a date that works for both of us.

For those of you who may not have seen our presentation, please know that we put our program in context with ALL OPTIONS/CHOICES THEY HAVE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL;

We don’t just selfishly talk about our one program.

We look forward to helping you help your students with their post-secondary opportunities…

--
Katrina Jones
Executive Director

The FFA Mission