As you work with your students and their livestock projects, remember that
you come in contact with with 4-H'ers.  They may be siblings or cousins of
your students or people in the community that are interested in livestock.
 I know that each of you are more than willing to help each of these kids
and help give them the best experience possible in their project and do a
great job in  working with them.

As you work with these kids, we also need to work with the Extension
Personnel in charge of 4-H.  This may be an Ag. Agent, 4-H Agent, Program
Assistant, or Secretary who may or may not be able to take a direct roll in
the child's project.  Make sure they are the one who signs off on the entry
forms for the 4-H'er and are aware of the 4-H'er's activities.  The most
important part of this is that we are working towards the best interest of
the child, and you all do a great job of that.  Keep up the good work and
meeting the challenges of each day with a smile.

*First Year Teachers/New Teachers: * If you need any assistance or have any
questions, please call your Area Animal Science Teacher.

*Upcoming Entry Deadlines:*
*October 1:*  Steers and Heifers Entry Deadline
November 1:  Market Goat and Market Lamb Record books Due
November 8:  Last Day to ship Dairy Tags
November 15:  Commercial Dairy Heifer Entry Deadline
November 28:  Last Day to ship Market Hog Tags
December 3:  Last Day to ship Breeding Ewe Tags
December 5:  Market Hog Entry Deadline
December 10:  Breeding Ewe Entry Deadline
February 12:  Junior National Banquet Ticket Reservation Deadline
February 21:  Record books Due:  Market Hog, Heifer, Steer, Commercial Dairy

RW

--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Animal Science Teacher