Good morning, I hope the school year has gotten off to a good start for everyone and that everyone is excited about all of the opportunities that lie ahead for Agricultural Education students in Georgia. Many of you may already be aware of some changes that have occurred in the state regarding the Governors Honors Program. In the best interest of every agricultural program in the state, I felt that it would be a good idea to communicate these changes directly to everyone through the ag.ed list serve rather that assume that the changes would be communicated to you through some other means.

According to the DOE website the Governor's Honors Program has been moved to the Governor's Office of Student Achievement. The GOSA website: http://gosa.georgia.gov/governors-honors-program

The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) is fully cooperating with GOSA to ensure the smooth transition and continued success of GHP. The Governor’s Honors Program will continue to be an enriching educational opportunity for Georgia’s brightest students for the next 50 years, just as it has for the last 50 years.

Pleas log onto the DOE website or contact your local school systems GHP coordinator for information regarding the time line and criteria for nominating students. The time line is posted on the Governors Office of Student Achievement website.
--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher