Just a quick update on the Okefenokee Fair survey I sent yesterday. The fair will consider allowing cattle to check in on Friday and show on Saturday. I wanted to let everyone know that in case this would affect anyone's decision. Please see the link below if interested in showing. Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lynn Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Subject: Okefenokee Fair Interest Survey
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Teachers and Agents,

The Okefenokee Agricultural Fair in Waycross is considering allowing livestock entries from outside its traditional 13 county area. The fair leadership committee is trying to determine the interest across the state in entering the various livestock shows. This year's fair will be Nov. 12-16. Here are the basic dates for the various shows:
  • Hogs arrive on Sunday, Nov. 10 and show on Tuesday Nov. 12
  • Cattle can arrive on either Sunday Nov. 10 or Thursday, Nov. 14. Cattle Show is Saturday, the 16th.
  • Goats arrive on Thursday, Nov. 14 and show on the 16th.
The fair does provide free feeding services for those needing it.

If you have students who would be interested in attending, please complete the survey by Thursday morning.

Thanks,

Lynn Barber

I've invited you to fill out the form Okefenokee Fair Interest Survey. To fill it out, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jZk6yj2n6sc3cccKavLfqO0bXCa3wUxSJBNgQ8mzsME/viewform

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education