Good morning,

Yesterday I saw a quote that read, "The turning-lathe that has the sharpest
knives produces the finest work." As I visit with our ag teachers, I am
always impressed at how you are always "sharpening your knives" to be the
best teachers. This week I saw many teachers who were giving their students
opportunities to learn to "produce the finest work" as they sharpened their
skills at the EMC workshops. Next week, many of you will provide more
opportunities for your students to grow as they experience the National FFA
Convention.

It's easy sometimes to get discouraged with our profession. There are
always so many things coming down the pike that we cannot control and many
of these I hear as I visit our schools. However, please think about the
above quote and be encouraged that you are making a life-long impact in
others through your role as an ag teacher. It can be uncomfortable when we
are being turned by the lathe, but the end result is worth it!

Have a blessed day and safe travels to Louisville next week,

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education

*"Making Education Work for All Georgians"*