Good morning,

Yesterday I saw a quote that read, "The turning-lathe that has the sharpest knives produces the finest work." As I visit with our ag teachers, I am always impressed at how you are always "sharpening your knives" to be the best teachers. This week I saw many teachers who were giving their students opportunities to learn to "produce the finest work" as they sharpened their skills at the EMC workshops. Next week, many of you will provide more opportunities for your students to grow as they experience the National FFA Convention.

It's easy sometimes to get discouraged with our profession. There are always so many things coming down the pike that we cannot control and many of these I hear as I visit our schools. However, please think about the above quote and be encouraged that you are making a life-long impact in others through your role as an ag teacher. It can be uncomfortable when we are being turned by the lathe, but the end result is worth it!

Have a blessed day and safe travels to Louisville next week,

--
Lynn Barber, Ed.D.
Georgia Department of Education