Hi All,

We would like to undertake some yeast 1- and 2-hybrid screens of ciliate
libraries. We imagine that to do this, we need a yeast background that
will suppress the *ciliate glutamine codons that yeast recognize as stop
codons* relatively effectively (UAA and
UAG ->glutamine). There has been work done with E. coli suppressors for
ciliate gene expression, but we would like to have *the entire yeast
genetic toolbox *for the the hybrid screens.

Does anyone know of anything that might help us out in this endeavor?

Thanks so much,
Tom
--

*Thomas G. Doak *

*Research Assoc. Domain Science Liaison*

*Department of Biology, Indiana University National Center for Genome
Analysis Support*

*1001 East Third Street (NCGAS)*

*Bloomington, IN 47405 http://ncgas.org*

*812-856-0115*

*http://www.indiana.edu/~lynchlab/Thomas_Doak.htm *

--
Thomas G. Doak
Research Assoc. Domain Science Liaison
Department of Biology, Indiana University       National Center for Genome Analysis Support
1001 East Third Street  (NCGAS)
Bloomington, IN  47405
812-856-0115
http://www.indiana.edu/~lynchlab/Thomas_Doak.htm        http://ncgas.org