This is just a quick final reminder about the Tree ID Contest that will be held October 8, 2013 at the GNF.  We will be set up for registration check in to begin at 9:30 am in the lobby of the Roquemore Conference Room.  You do not have to be there at 9:30, but you do have to be checked in before 1:30 pm.  I know many of you experienced hiccups with the fair's registration system this year.   I am hoping we can get them all solved during registration check in.  The fair said they would have a person on site to help with this.  Please have patience as we get these challenges ironed out.

Also remember to have #2 pencils for your students to use.  Pencils will not be furnished.  I would suggest having a clipboard for each of your contestants.  It will make the bubbling process much easier.  I can't predict what the weather is going to be, but they will have a short walk outside to the tent area where the judging will take place.  I would strongly urge you to check the weather before you leave and make arrangements to keep the students dry as well as the scantrons.  Wet scantrons do not score very well.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  I look forward to seeing you on October 8.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher