Fellow Ag Teachers,

I wanted to make you aware of a few decisions regarding the Georgia Agricultural Education state staff.

Recently, Mr. John  Allen Bailey submitted his letter of intent to retire from his current position as Central Region Area Teacher effective December 31, 2013. After 33 years of professional service to agricultural education, I would like to congratulate Mr. Bailey on reaching this milestone and express my gratitude to him for the great work he has accomplished. I have been fortunate to work with Mr. Bailey in a variety of situations and I can proudly attest to his quality work and care for the program. I remember years of attending FFA camp, or Parliamentary Procedure CDE’s in which my memories of Mr. Bailey are of a fierce competitor and adored FFA Advisor. I have been able to work with John Allen a little closer for the past 8 years as a member of the state staff and I can honestly say that I am a witness to his attention to detail. He completes all work in a careful and deliberate way that insures quality. The most impressive thing I have noticed about Mr. Bailey is his passion, care, concern, and dedication to fellow agriculture teachers and most importantly, to the students. Please join me in giving congratulations to Mr. John Allen Bailey upon his retirement and for an impressive career and legacy within the ranks of Agricultural Education.

In addition, for the remainder of his time on the state AgEd staff, I have asked Mr. Bailey to work closely with Dr. Lynn Barber and Mrs. Kathy Cooper in learning, cooperating, and conducting the work that supports the Georgia Young Farmers Association. I am also proud to announce that beginning February 1, 2014 Mr. John Allen Bailey will assume the duties and responsibilities as the GYFA Executive Secretary. I am confident that he will make a positive difference for the Young Farmer Program.

John (Chip) Bridges

Program Manager, Agricultural Education

Georgia Department of Education

1752 Twin Towers East