On behalf of Mr. Barry Deas, Chairman of the Tree ID contest, I would like to relay some information on to you.

The Okefenokee Agricultural Fair Tree Identification contest is scheduled for Wednesday, November 13th at the Waycross Exchange Club Fairgrounds. Registration will start at 1:30p at the Livestock Arena and the contest will begin as soon as the leaf sprays can be set up (all the leaf sprays are fresh cut and it takes time to get everything set up). The folks that set up the contest are the same ones we use in the spring, so it is a good practice for your students who will be competing in the spring.

Every chapter in the South Region is invited to attend and you can bring two 4-person teams. However, only those chapters in the Waycross Exchange Club's service area are eligible for awards.

Click on the following link so that we can adequately prepare enough scorecards. Thank you!

Okefenokee Fair Tree ID Registration

Danny Bartlett
Forestry Area Teacher
South Region Agricultural Education