As most of you know my official retirement date is December 31, 2013, but
today is my final day as a full time area teacher.  I will be doing some
contract work to finish the year out and also assuming the duties of
Executive Secretary of the Georgia Young Farmers in February which I am
very excited about.

When I started teaching agriculture 33 years ago I didn't think this day
would ever get here.  Now that it is, it is hard to believe that this part
of my life is over.  A good friend of mine recently told me that his last
day as a teacher was one of mixed emotions.  I certainly know what he was
talking about. I just want to tell each of you that I truly have been
blessed by working with you in Agricultural Education and how much your
friendship means to me.

I hope each of you the best as you continue educating the young people of
our state.  If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate
calling on me.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher