As most of you know my official retirement date is December 31, 2013, but today is my final day as a full time area teacher.  I will be doing some contract work to finish the year out and also assuming the duties of Executive Secretary of the Georgia Young Farmers in February which I am very excited about.

When I started teaching agriculture 33 years ago I didn't think this day would ever get here.  Now that it is, it is hard to believe that this part of my life is over.  A good friend of mine recently told me that his last day as a teacher was one of mixed emotions.  I certainly know what he was talking about. I just want to tell each of you that I truly have been blessed by working with you in Agricultural Education and how much your friendship means to me.

I hope each of you the best as you continue educating the young people of our state.  If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate calling on me.

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher