Please see the following message from Michael Gardner concerning the GVATA Area I Director position. I would like to take a minute to publicly thank Michael for the time and effort he has spent representing the Area I teachers on the GVATA Board. Michael has done an outstanding job and I would encourage each of you to consider his request.

Thank you Michael,
Stan

Stan please post to the list serve.

I would like to start by saying it has been an honor to serve as your GVATA Director for the past two years. That being said, we will be electing a new director this spring at the area teacher's meeting. So far, two people have indicated they would like to run for the position. If anyone else is interested, please email me. Since we will not all be together at the area meeting, I would like to give the candidates a chance to address the group at Mid-Winter Conference.

Next, I encourage everyone to get more involved in GVATA. My time as a director has given me many opportunities, including a trip to Las Vegas to attend the National Convention, that I feel will help me better understand our organization and how to be a better teacher. I started by being a member of one of the tactical planning committees. I need 6 teachers to represent area 1 at Mid-Winter and serve on these committees. If you are interested, please email me.

Safe travels to you all.
Michael Gardner
Walker County Young Farmer Advisor
LaFayette High School