The Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center is now hiring for 2014 Summer Staff.

Please refer your excellent FFA or FCCLA students who are now in college to
work this summer!

Details and applications can be found online at
georgiaffacamp.org/SummerStaff.htm

*About Summer Staff:*

Summer Staff is an intensive leadership development program. Every summer
the Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center accepts college students to intern as Summer
Staff.

*Who is eligible for Summer Staff?*

We are looking for college students with the following characteristics:

   - Must have completed at least one year of college when the summer
   begins. In other words, if you graduated from High School in May 2013 or
   earlier, you will be eligible for Summer 2014.
   - Must enjoy working with youth and want to see lives changed. That is
   why this camp exists, so this must be the most important motivation for any
   staff member.
   - Must have an outstanding work ethic. The job is very demanding, so we
   do not tolerate any laziness.
   - Must exhibit high moral character and must be a positive role model
   for campers. Staff are required to be someone that campers can look up to.
   - Must thrive in a team atmosphere. Staff will be in a high-stress
   environment with approximately 30 other college students. Teamwork is
   critical.
   - Must have the maturity to handle the responsibility and stress of camp
   life. We have a massive responsibility with being entrusted with these
   youth.
   - Must have a positive and upbeat attitude. Camp life is hard, so a
   positive attitude is a vital to the success of the team.
   - Must want to grow and be stretched. We not only invest in the campers,
   but we invest in the staff. You will be challenged to grow.

*What does the Summer Staff do?*

The primary job of the staff is to serve the campers and to set an example
for them in every way. The goals of the staff program are:

   - To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for campers
   - To provide positive role models for campers
   - To provide an intensive program for the Summer Staff to grow and
   develop critical skills for success.
   - Staff are responsible for overseeing recreational areas, conducting
   programs, and preparing the facility for campers.

*Dates for 2014:*

   - Feb 15, Mar 8, Mar 15: Staff Interviews. Interviews typically run
   10:00 AM - 3:00 PM and are a mixture of group interviews and one-on-one.
   Applicants select one of these interview sessions.
   - May 9-11: Return Staff Training (for return staff only)
   - May 11-16: Staff Training
   - May 18-23: Staff Orientation
   - May 26: Summer Camps Begin
   - June 27-29: Counselor Training
   - July 25: Program camps end

*To apply:*

Positions will fill up and hiring will be competitive.  We strongly
recommend that you apply in January or February so that we can schedule
your interview before March 15th. . The first round of hiring decisions
will be made on March 18th. For the first round of hiring, we will hire
former FFA and FCCLA campers, as well as former staff members. After March
18th we will begin selecting from other applicants to fill the rest of the
available positions.

To apply, submit the Staff Application along with a resume and the other
information that is requested on the Application.

First-Year Applicants:

Staff Application (Microsoft Word)
<http://georgiaffacamp.org/Assets/Staff/Staff%20application.doc>Staff
Application (pdf)<http://georgiaffacamp.org/Assets/Staff/Staff%20Application.pdf>

Once we have received your application, we will contact you to schedule an
interview. There are three scheduled interview dates that we will hold
group interviews. You will only need to attend one of them. If you are not
available for one of these dates, contact us to schedule an interview.

Fax, email, or mail applications and resumes to:

Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center
Attn: Russel Towns
720 FFA FHA Camp Road
Covington, GA 30014
Fax: 770-786-1774
Email: [log in to unmask]

Russel Towns
Camp Manager

Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center
720 FFA FHA Camp Road
Covington, GA 30014
Office: 770-786-6926 ext 4
Fax: 770-786-1774
Email: [log in to unmask]

*My Websites:*

   - *Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center:* www.GeorgiaFFAcamp.org
   - *FFA-FCCLA Summer Leadership Camp:* Web: www.GeorgiaSLC.org, Facebook
   Group: Summer Leadership Camp<https://www.facebook.com/groups/101929097964/>
   - *Wildlife Camp:* Web: www.WildlifeCamp.com, Facebook Group: FFA
   Wildlife Camp <https://www.facebook.com/groups/98583836911/>
   - *Horse Camp:* Web: www.FFAHorseCamp.com, Facebook Group: FFA
Horse Camp<https://www.facebook.com/groups/198692895503/>
   - *Udder Mud Run: *Web: www.UdderMudRun.com, Facebook Page:
   www.facebook.com/UdderMudRun
   - *Parent/Child Weekend Adventure Camp:*
   www.georgiaffacamp.org/AdventureCamp.htm
   - *Annual Fundraising Banquet*: www.supportffacamps.com
   - *BASIC Training*:
www.BuildingChapters.com<http://www.buildingchapters.com/>