The Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center is now hiring for 2014 Summer Staff.
Please refer your excellent FFA or FCCLA students who are now in college to work this summer!
About Summer Staff:
Summer Staff is an intensive leadership development program. Every summer the Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center accepts college students to intern as Summer Staff.
Who is eligible for Summer Staff?
We are looking for college students with the following characteristics:
- Must have completed at least one year of college when the summer begins. In other words, if you graduated from High School in May 2013 or earlier, you will be eligible for Summer 2014.
- Must enjoy working with youth and want to see lives changed. That is why this camp exists, so this must be the most important motivation for any staff member.
- Must have an outstanding work ethic. The job is very demanding, so we do not tolerate any laziness.
- Must exhibit high moral character and must be a positive role model for campers. Staff are required to be someone that campers can look up to.
- Must thrive in a team atmosphere. Staff will be in a high-stress environment with approximately 30 other college students. Teamwork is critical.
- Must have the maturity to handle the responsibility and stress of camp life. We have a massive responsibility with being entrusted with these youth.
- Must have a positive and upbeat attitude. Camp life is hard, so a positive attitude is a vital to the success of the team.
- Must want to grow and be stretched. We not only invest in the campers, but we invest in the staff. You will be challenged to grow.
What does the Summer Staff do?
The primary job of the staff is to serve the campers and to set an example for them in every way. The goals of the staff program are:
- To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for campers
- To provide positive role models for campers
- To provide an intensive program for the Summer Staff to grow and develop critical skills for success.
- Staff are responsible for overseeing recreational areas, conducting programs, and preparing the facility for campers.
Dates for 2014:
- Feb 15, Mar 8, Mar 15: Staff Interviews. Interviews typically run 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM and are a mixture of group interviews and one-on-one. Applicants select one of these interview sessions.
- May 9-11: Return Staff Training (for return staff only)
- May 11-16: Staff Training
- May 18-23: Staff Orientation
- May 26: Summer Camps Begin
- June 27-29: Counselor Training
- July 25: Program camps end
Positions will fill up and hiring will be competitive. We strongly recommend that you apply in January or February so that we can schedule your interview before March 15th. . The first round of hiring decisions will be made on March 18th. For the first round of hiring, we will hire former FFA and FCCLA campers, as well as former staff members. After March 18th we will begin selecting from other applicants to fill the rest of the available positions.
To apply, submit the Staff Application along with a resume and the other information that is requested on the Application.
Staff Application (Microsoft Word)
Staff Application (pdf)
Once we have received your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview. There are three scheduled interview dates that we will hold group interviews. You will only need to attend one of them. If you are not available for one of these dates, contact us to schedule an interview.
Fax, email, or mail applications and resumes to:
Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center
720 FFA FHA Camp Road
Covington, GA 30014