As the new semester has started, many of you may have a fresh group of Basic Ag students. Maybe in Basic Ag or in your other courses you are covering topics related to agricultural trade. I have attached pg. 41 of the January edition of The Furrow by John Deere that highlights that 2014 is the 100 year anniversary of the Panama Canal. The brief article goes on to tell about the importance of the canal to U.S. shipping, so I thought this may be an interesting class opener for you to use. Have a blessed rest of the week.

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.

Georgia Department of Education

2802 Moore Highway, ABAC 34

Tifton, GA 31793