The Georgia FFA Alumni Association is currently collecting rosters for the 2013/2014 membership year. If you are interested in organizing a new affiliate then please contact Joy Crosby via [log in to unmask] so she can provide you with the paperwork to complete. All rosters are updated through the Ag Career Network set up by National FFA Alumni and rosters are due to the GA FFA Alumni by Feb. 1, 2014. If you are not going to make the deadline then donít fret just start working on items and try to get it in as soon as you can.
Please keep in mind these few pointers as you begin updating rosters for this year.
1. The alumni rosters are not the job of the Ag teacher. Alumni officers should complete the roster for their local affiliate and not expect the ag teacher to do.
2. All administrators for your specific affiliate still have access for this year. If you have forgotten your password then select "reset password" to update it for this year. The state does not know your password and will guide you to reset it on the website if you contact us.
3. Dues and payment should NOT be sent to National FFA Alumni. All correspondence regarding local rosters should be handled on the state level by contacting Joy Crosby or your GA FFA Alumni Area Director. The area directors are listed on the GA FFA Alumni website.
Payment should be sent directly to GA FFA Alumni, Stan Mitchell, 201 Four Towers, UGA, Athens, GA 30602.† Any paperwork for new affiliates should be sent to Joy Crosby, 4101 London Lane, Tifton, GA 31793 or [log in to unmask]. †
4. Dues are $5.00 for state and $10 for national for annual members. Associate membership is free. Collegiate membership is $5 for national and free for Georgia. Life membership is $150 plus a $10 processing fee charged by National FFA Alumni. A local affiliate can add local dues to any of the membership types mentioned above.
5. Once you renew your members online and submit your roster to the state you MUST send an email to Joy Crosby at [log in to unmask] letting her know that you have submitted your roster. Do NOT send payment or mail anything until you have heard back from Joy that your roster has been processed correctly. Reason being is that we continue to have rosters submitted incorrectly and then we have to request additional funds or refund portions of the dues where affiliates have overpaid. Please wait until you have received your confirmed total from Joy before mailing a check. Joy will send you an invoice if need be.
6. As the FFA Alumni moves forward with processing rosters through the Ag Career Network then it would be a good idea to invite your local FFA Alumni members to join the network and establish their profile. Once you renew an individual then you can print an invitation to send to the member via email or print out a copy of the invite and hand it to them at the next alumni meeting.
7. Current FFA members can be advanced from the student roster to the Alumni roster so that they can become associate OR dues paying members.† This reduces duplicate records in the system for the same person.†Hereís a web link with instructions for doing this: http://www.ffa.org/documents/alum_agcn_advancingstudentstoalum.pdf
8. National FFA Alumni has created several video tutorials on their website regarding the process to update FFA Alumni rosters through the Ag Career Network. They will also provide webinar trainings on the roster coming soon so stay tuned for more info. †