I have studied the National Weather forecast for all of Northwest Georgia
and have made the decision to* go ahead with today's contests at Murray
County High School*.

The weather at this time indicates a *0% chance of any precipitation until
after 11:00 pm* for all of North Georgia. With this in mind, we will not
ask any teams to wait around for results and will not be handing out the
medals for the Wildlife competition.

We will keep a close watch on the weather throughout the day and if there
are any significant changes for the worse, we will make an appropriate
decision. Please make sure you have your cellphones with you as you travel
and that you check them periodically so that you can receive email updates
if we have to cancel later today.

Thank you all for your patience and please be careful as you travel.


Stan Mitchell
North Region Director
Agricultural Education
204 Four Towers
University of Georgia
Athens, Ga. 30602
Office 706-552-4468
Cell 706-338-7230
[log in to unmask]