I have studied the National Weather forecast for all of Northwest Georgia and have made the decision to go ahead with today's contests at Murray County High School.
The weather at this time indicates a 0% chance of any precipitation until after 11:00 pm for all of North Georgia. With this in mind, we will not ask any teams to wait around for results and will not be handing out the medals for the Wildlife competition.
We will keep a close watch on the weather throughout the day and if there are any significant changes for the worse, we will make an appropriate decision. Please make sure you have your cellphones with you as you travel and that you check them periodically so that you can receive email updates if we have to cancel later today.
Thank you all for your patience and please be careful as you travel.
North Region Director
204 Four Towers
University of Georgia
Athens, Ga. 30602