Congratulations to the 10 students who competed Tuesday in the Area 1 Discussion Meet. I want to thank Mr. Kipp Williams and Mrs. Katie Lents for being gracious hosts for this event. I also need to say a huge thank you to Mrs. Phenna Petty, Murray County Schools CTAE Coordinator, for coordinating our judging efforts. It takes a lot of time and energy to get 12 adults to leave work early to volunteer their time to judge one of our events. Each of the judges were outstanding and super complimentary of our students. If you don't mind, please have your students write a note of thanks to these judges. Their contact information can be found below.

Results:
The top two who are moving on to state competition are:
Dakota Martin - North Forsyth High School
Sarah Prokosch - LaFayette High Schoo

Others who made the final round:
Mason Cantrell - Gilmer County
Chad Henning - Paulding County
Cody Gamel - Rockmart
Randy Githens - Bowdon

Also competing:
Hali Gladden - Central High School
Madison Holman - Woodland High School
Gabriel Hendy - Ridgeland High School
Sam Taylor - Ringgold High School

Judges:

Wayne Straw

Murray Medical Center

Administrative Director

707 Old Dalton Ellijay Road

Chatsworth GA  30705

Charles Holcomb

Director of Maintenance

707 Old Dalton Ellijay Road

Chatsworth GA  30705

Missie Petty – Murray County Farm Bureau Board

180 Weber Road

Crandall GA  30711

Wayne Martin – Murray County Farm Bureau Board

Chatsworth Farm & Garden

624 N Fourth Avenue

Chatsworth GA  30705

Tony Patterson

Murray County Farm Bureau

319 W Market Street

Chatsworth GA  30705

Terry Shepherd

First National Community Bank

701 N Third Avenue

Chatsworth GA  30705

Rusty Ridley

First National Community Bank

701 N Third Avenue

Chatsworth GA  30705

Brad Ramsey

First National Community Bank

701 N Third Avenue

Chatsworth GA  30705

Joan Dooley

Murray County Senior Center Director

820 G.I. Maddox Parkway

Chatsworth, GA  30705

Wade Jones – Teacher in Whitfield County Schools & VP of the Murray Arts Council

P O Box 2240

Chatsworth GA  30705

Steve Loughridge - Farmer

Murray County Schools Finance Director

P O Box 40

Chatsworth GA  30705

Dinah Rowe

Chatsworth-Murray Area Chamber of Commerce President

126 N Third Avenue

Chatsworth GA  30705

Linda Dotson

Murray County High School