It has been a whirlwind month already and we still have one week left! It was good to visit with many of you during the State Livestock Show and FFA Day this past week. With everything going on, I want to remind you of several important events and dates (I have tried to summarize everything here, but please remember to always refer to the online calendar for details).

The Middle and High Lawnmower, Nursery Landscape, Parliamentary Procedure, and Wildlife Management CDEs will be held this week. The Area V events will be held on Tuesday, February 25 at ABAC and the Area VI events will be held on Thursday, February 27 at Ware High. Please refer to the emails from the area teachers for more instructions regarding the specific CDEs such as sign-in location, start times, etc.

The Leadership CDEs will be held on Tuesday, March 4 at Lee High for Area V and Thursday, March 6 at Bacon County High for Area VI (as a reminder--this is different than the info in the printed calendar). All leadership CDEs will begin have registration at 4:00 and start promptly at 4:30.

Remember that proficiencies are due in the office today by 5:00--either electronically or hard copy.

Upcoming Due Dates:

February 28: Agriscience Teacher of the Year, State FFA Degree and Star Battery, and State Officer Applications

March 10: Officer books, WLC Scholarship Apps, FFA Week Observance,

March 14: FFA Dues and Roster Final Submission Deadline, Ag Ed Course Enrollment Spring Semester Due

March 15: GYFA Dues and Roster Submission Deadline

April 1: State Convention Registration, Area Officer Apps, Agriscience Reports, American FFA Degree, Middle School Record book, and National Ch. Apps Due

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks for all you do in providing these opportunities to your students.

Lynn Barber, Ed.D.

Georgia Department of Education

2802 Moore Highway, ABAC 34

Tifton, GA 31793